2012年10月23日 星期二

Christian Louboutin signs his stylish shoes

What will people do for a signed shoe by Christian Louboutin, the high-end Parisian designer whose footwear customers include Angelina Jolie, Oprah Winfrey, the Olsen twins and Danielle Steel? In New Orleans, Jessica Alvendia headed the line at Saks 5th Avenue -- and she arrived at 9 a.m. Friday for a 3 p.m.What we see and hear enough of, we buy christianlouboutinshoe into – often. appearance by the designer.

A few steps behind her a husband from Charleston, S.C., explained that he had driven 12 hours straight, purchased an $835 pair of shoes, and had hoped to surprise his wife. (He answered his cell phone and spoiled the surprise).

The staff at Saks was pretty excited, too: Louboutin only does about 20 signings a year in the United States.

It was the first-ever New Orleans appearance for the designer, who has come to command the top of the women’s market with shoes that always have a glossy red sole. For Louboutin’s signing, the store hired a New Orleans Police Department detail cop, engaged a jazz combo, and directed hovering journalists to a lounge that offered a nice view of the backstage scurrying that occurs when a big name is in the house.

Away from the hubbub, Louboutin was the picture of calm. A genial fellow with a trim, gray goatee, he was sequestered in a side room with two assistants, a selection of markers, and about 50 pairs of shoes that waiting customers had pre-purchased. He wore jeans and a golf shirt. He set his glasses high on his forehead, smiled easily, and generally looked like someone’s French uncle on vacation, except for the three-toned patent and suede lace-up shoes with the orange piping: an item from his men’s collection.

“When I look at the shoes these customers have selected,Find brand-name hublotreplicaat your fingertips with fast, I can tell that New Orleans is different compared to other cities. Most of my American customers purchase plainer, more classic designs. Here they have selected shoes with vivid colors and lots of embellishments,” he said. “I also notice this: there seems to be a special interest in my highest heels: no flats for New Orleans.”
When I look at the shoes these customers have selected, I can tell that New Orleans is different

How high? Make that 7 inches, folks.Find suprashoesforcheap shoes from a vast selection of Heels. And the materials are equally extravagant, with some styles featuring startling combinations: one shoe included suede and red velvet tops, heels covered with fuzzy cowhide in a cheetah pattern, and a constellation of gold studs.replica blogvan.nl online store, Every shoe has red soles: a trademarked element that was recently upheld in federal court, when the French fashion house of Yves Saint Laurent, tried to market shoes with a similar element.

“I think a lot about silhouettes and how to make an object that will look good in movement, but I have a tendency to celebrate detail and ornament. It’s comes through in everything I do, whether collecting furniture or looking at art when I travel.”

“I didn’t grow up imagining that I would be a shoe designer, but in Paris one is exposed to the idea of luxury, to the artisan tradition. It is something that came naturally to me,” Louboutin said.

Selling shoes also comes naturally to the designer: “I started out with one shop in Paris and I did the selling with one other person. I don’t have time for that now, but I need to keep my link with customers, with the stories they tell me, with the dreams and the special requests. It’s a direct personal link that informs my designs --- and it continues with these personal appearances.”

When it comes time to design, however, Louboutin prefers to be alone.

“For two weeks, I unplug the phone and draw. I work with a single assistant,” he said. “At my factory, outside Milan, I still work hands-on. I trim and correct. I love the smell of leather.”

His home base is an apartment over the factory.

“In the early days, I was forced to leave the factory at closing time and go to some boring hotel and watch videos,” he said. “Now, I have the run of my own factory after hours. If I get an idea, I can test it out by myself. Even when I’m asleep, I keep working. The shoes are under my pillow. The ideas float up. I dream about shoes and I try to make them come true.”

沒有留言:

張貼留言