2012年7月11日 星期三

She hopes to see the growth of more local independent designers

YOUNG fashion designer Isabel Lam Chi Yoi is a citizen of the world. She was born and bred here, studied in the United States, did her Masters in Melbourne and is hugely influenced by Japanese culture.

The moment I saw her at her parents’ place in Sri Bukit Persekutuan, I knew she was not a run-off-the-mill fashion fan. For a start, her hair was purple, red and turquoise.Find Short Length Wigs, shortwigs Boy Cut Wigs along with a wide selection of other brand-name wigs,

“It’s cherry bomb actually,Shop juicycoutures women sale items-Find top styles in dresses,tracksuits,denim,accessories! not red,” she says, adding that she has not had black hair since she turned 12. But her crowning glory looks healthy, as though her hair is only occasionally treated with colour.

“People think that treating hair means coarse hair and split ends. But I dye and treat my hair myself and so far, no split ends, nothing. You just have to use good products and treat your hair well, that’s all,Shop discounted dsquaredshoes,” says the 26-year-old.

Her childhood ambition was to be a hairdresser. But her father said no. Fashion designer? No. Musician? Okay.

That was how she ended up at the International College of Music before furthering her studies at Berklee College of Music, Boston, in film scoring.

“After I finished my degree, I wanted to join a small studio in Hollywood but with the writers’ strike two years ago, it was not possible.”

So she decided to fly Down Under to do her Masters degree in advertising and commerce.Rubiks cubepuzzlee See if you can solve this famous puzzle in this great implementation. “I worked for a company for search engine optimisation.Find buychristianlouboutin women's fashion at ShopStyle... like if you Google something, I make sure my client’s company is shown on the first page.”

She decided that she was not a nine-to-five person and wanted to start her own business. Since fashion was her second childhood ambition and since she had studied music as per Dad's request, designing was then a natural choice.

沒有留言:

張貼留言