2012年11月14日 星期三

who drove hours on end to get me to races

Reinardt Janse van Rensburg, one of South Africa's most successful road cyclists this season, will be racing in memory of his father when he lines up at the Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge in Johannesburg on Sunday.

“If it were not for him, I might never have become involved in cycling," Janse van Rensburg said of his father Anton, who died last week.

“When I was 13 my dad bought me my first bicycle for Christmas. Since then, he has been my biggest fan."

Janse van Rensburg said his father had been a keen cyclist himself and encouraged him to start racing.

"When I became serious about the sport, it was my dad who drove hours on end to get me to races," he said.

“At times when I doubted my abilities as a cyclist,Shop womens sandals at Macy's. Buy popular marcjacobsshoes and strappy sandals. it was my dad who encouraged and motivated me to persevere. I owe so much of my success to him."

The MTN-Qhubeka rider won 14 international races this season, including the Ronde van Zeeland in the Netherlands, where he outsprinted Lars Boom of Team Rabobank.

Only Peter Sagan (Liquigas), Mark Cavendish (Sky) and Any Greipel (Lotto-Belisol) won more international races this season than the 23-year-old South African.

Second in the Johannesburg race last year, Van Rensburg won the Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour in March, and he is looking to become the first rider since teammate Arran Brown, in 2009, to win both races in the same year.You can go for any color that juicycouturesuits,

Van Rensburg,What we see and hear enough of, we buy christianlouboutinshoe into – often. however, believed he would have a better chance if the 94.7 kilometres race was longer, with most races in Europe contested over 150km or more.

“It is pity that we race over such short distances in South Africa”, he said.

He was nonetheless eager to cap off his season with a victory at the race.Buy the latest fashionable women's blogshells,

“Winning the 94.7 Cycle Challenge will really be special.

"I will consider it as one of the most important victories of my entire cycling career.”

His back and knees, which have squatted under the sort of weights that give you Popeye thighs,Determine by yourself almost all good replicawatches Switzerland. would struggle to last the distance.

'I'm definitely not going to Rio,' he confirmed, which means he is not about to 'do a Redgrave' by going back on the undertaking he made while the sweat was still wet.

'It is 100 per cent ruled out. Nothing will top London. And four years is too much to ask. We're not talking about a sport like equestrianism where you can go on to an older age.

'I think the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow would be a nice way to end it. That's only two years away and I have never competed seriously in Scotland. If it was anywhere else in the world I wouldn't even think about it. I am not expecting to be there but if I can be there, it would be great.

'You don't know how your body is going to shape up. It's whether you can maintain the performance - or improve it - without getting injured. That's the battle every athlete faces and the older you get the harder it becomes.

'You are always pushing, pushing, pushing but it is when you do that that your body can break down. In terms of doing any competition, I'll leave it until at least next summer before making a call.'

Therefore, Hoy will not be competing in the new velodrome named after him when the World Cup comes to Glasgow tomorrow, 101 days after he won the last of his six Olympic gold medals.

沒有留言:

張貼留言