2012年12月28日 星期五

general management roles initially in the food industry

Bradley Wiggins is among the great and the good of Lancashire who have been commended in the 2013 New Year Honour’s List.

The biggest winner was cycling star Wiggins, who lives in Eccleston,Superb range of authentics Windproof Jackets products at Wiggle, near Chorley, who was awarded a knighthood just weeks after winning the BBC Sport’s Personality of the Year award to crown a golden year.

Elsewhere in the community,we provide kinds of shoesbb bandit mid purple leather shoes for sale. Steve Jackson, who founded homelessness charity, Recycling Lives, in Preston four years ago, received an OBE for services to employment and the community of Lancashire.

He said he hoped the honour would allow him to promote the work done by the charity which has a centre on Essex Street, Deepdale.

The former Preston North End chief executive said: “I am one man and if I just help people with my own hands and my own means, I can probably help a handful of people every year.

“If I apply my business sense, contacts and intelligence, I can help others to help far more people, that is the way I have always seen it.

“First and foremost, I am a businessman and I think a lot of people like me are wondering what they can do to help their community,All the latest rolexwatches for men & women from Ernest Jones. hopefully Recycling Lives shows them a way to do this.”

Pensioner Freda Smith from Leyland has also been recognised in the New Year’s Honours List

Mrs Smith, of Seven Stars Road in the Wade Hall estate, is to receive a British Empire Medal for services to the community, after serving on the board of New Progress Housing for 18 years.

In that time she has worked with residents across the Lancashire area, representing their needs and improving their living conditions.

She received official notification a month ago, and said the news “still hasn’t sunk in properly”.

She said: “The official letter came through in a very fancy envelope with some Christmas cards.

“I just feel so shocked and thrilled.Zane skating at the skate park took off his dsquaredshoes, It’s a massive honour and I’m looking forward to attending the garden party at Buckingham Palace.”

Mrs Smith paid tribute to her husband of 37 years, in helping her achieve success.

She said: “I couldn’t have done any of this without Eric. I can’t drive, so he’s always taking me around in the car and is always extremely supportive.”

Stephen Henwood, chairman of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, has been awarded a CBE for services to the Nuclear Industry and charity.Each replica paneraireplicas is made by the designers refined high quality of the design.

Mr Henwood from Ribchester has been chairman of the authority since 2008.

His career has combined financial and general management roles initially in the food industry with Tate and Lyle PLC.

And from 1992 to 2006 with BAE Systems. His roles at BAE included managing director of Royal Ordnance, group financial controller, and group managing director, international partnerships.

Coun Anis Faruki has been awarded an MBE for services to charity and to the community in Preston.

Coun Faruki has helped numerous community groups over the years, including the Preston Muslim Forum, Canaries Community Association and Sharoe Green and Sherwood Community Association.

He used to work for Preston Council as a community involvement worker, but when he was made redundant in 2011 he continued to help community groups in the city.

Coun Faruki of Manor House Lane, Preston, said today: “It is brilliant.

“It is an acknowledgement of the work I have put in and the work I enjoy and still enjoy.”

The 52-year-old father of three said: “I was nominated by some of the community groups and individuals as well.

“Currently I am doing freelance work with community groups where I manage projects and help them apply for funding.”

Coun Faruki said the thing that he gets the most satisfaction from is seeing the results his work helps achieve.

Speaking after receiving the nod, Bradley Wiggins, hailed the ‘ultimate accolade.’

He said: “It’s not something I’ll use on a daily basis but it’s nice to have in the trophy cabinet as the ultimate accolade as a sportsman, being knighted by your country for not only the success this year but 12 years now of consistent work and performing - four Olympic Games, seven medals.

沒有留言:

張貼留言